Science & Cannabis
FORIA Explore harnesses the power of THC and CBD, the two primary compounds responsible for the beneficial effects of cannabis. THC modulates nerve firing, helping to diminish pain while allowing more pleasant signals to reach the brain.1 CBD slows down electrical signalling to muscles, allowing them to relax while also helping to soothe inflammation.3
When delivered rectally via these specially-formulated suppositories, THC & CBD activate cannabinoid receptors throughout the pelvis, with minimal effect on the brain, so you can experience muscle-relaxation and enhanced pleasure without the strong psychoactive effect traditionally associated with cannabis.
1. Cannabinoids against pain. Efficacy and strategies to reduce psychoactivity: a clinical perspective. DOI: 10.1517/13543780802691951; Matthias Karst MD PhD*a & Sonja Wippermanna pages 125-133
2. Rectal bioavailability of delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol from various esters. ElSohly, M. A.; Little, T. L., Jr.; Hikal, A. H.; Harland, E.; Stanford, D. F.; and Walker, L.Pharmacol. Biochem. Behav., 40:497-502, 1991.
3. Pharmaceutical composition made up of cannabis extracts US 20080057117 A1. A pharmacologically active composition which is suitable for use in palliative cancer therapy and as an agent having a muscle-relaxing and/or analgesic effect in neurological diseases. Michael Werner, Gerhard Schaller, Christoph Jaggy.
4. Personal-lubricating material and method for lubricant manufacture US 20150258009 A1
5. Condom with an erectogenic composition US 6840244 B2
Our cannabis oil is extracted using leading-edge solvent- free pharmaceutical grade processes that provide extracts in their purest possible form. To ensure the cleanest and safest final product possible we test FORIA at multiple stages through. We test for potency, pesticides, residual solvents and microbials. Finally, FORIA undergoes a “hot-fill” bottling process that allows us to produce a microbial-free product without the use of artificial preservatives.